- Refund Rules for the Train Cancelled due to the Coronavirus till 31 March 2020
- Online Ticket Refund for the Windows Ticket (2AC, 3AC, Sleeper, General) Ticket - Coronavirus Train Cancellation Ticket Refund Rules
Due to the Coronavirus Trains are Cancelled by the Ministry of Railways till 31 March 2020 (2400 hrs). So, if you have planned your journey between these dates via IRCTC, Railways then you will not able to get the Indian Railways Service. This step is taken due to the COVD-19 Spread. It is a Coronavirus that spread from one person to another.
The Passenger who have booked their tickets (Windows Ticket, IRCTC (Online), Mobile IRCTC App, Travel Agency ticket) then you must know the Cancellation Rules, Refund via NEFT, UPI or Bank.
Below is the official notice by Indian Railways:-
Cancellation of all train Services by Indian Railways in the wake of COVID-19
New Delhi, 22nd March 2020
- In continuation of the measures taken in the wake of COVID-19, it has been decided that all passenger train services on Indian Railways including Premium trains, Mail/Express trains, Passenger trains, Suburban Trains, Kolkata Metro Rail, Konkan Railway etc shall be cancelled till the 2400hrs of 31.03.2020. However, bare minimum level of services of suburban trains and Kolkata Metro Rail shall continue upto 2400hrs of 22.03.2020.
- Trains which had already commenced their journey, prior to 0400 hrs of 22.03.2020, will run up to their destinations. Adequate arrangements shall be made for the passengers, who have commenced their journey during the travel and at their destinations.
- To ensure the essential supplies in various parts of the country, the movement of goods trains will continue.
- To make it more convenient for passengers, full refund for all cancelled trains may be taken till 21.06.2020. Adequate arrangements shall be made to facilitate hassle-free refund to passengers affected by train cancellations.
Refund Rules Train Ticker (Window, IRCTC, Online Ticket) Cancellation
The Indian Railways has stopped and cancelled all the passenger trains due to the widespread of Coronavirus. Below are the rules and cancellation fee/ refund of money – Train Ticket (Window Ticket, General Ticket, IRCTC 3AC, 2AC, Sleeper etc).
Question: When will you get the refund money?
Answer: As per the notice, the refund process is already started and till 21 June 2020, all refund/ ticket cancellation – refund will be done.
Question: What are the charges/ fee for the Coronavirus Train Ticket Cancellation?
Answer: There will be no fee or charges for the trains that are cancelled by the Indian Railway. But if you are manually cancelling the ticket, then refund rules are applicable as per the existing.
Online Form – Get Train Ticket Refund
As per the notice, there is no online form. So, you don’t have to apply using the IndianRailway or IRCTC App. Just wait for a while. Govt./ Indian railway will soon going to start the refund of ticket.
For the Window Ticket – Keep the ticket with you. Without original ticket, you will not able to get the refund money.