India Coronavirus: Live Tracking COVID-19 Realtime
Online Complaint for the Rates/ Price of Mask/ Sanitizers against the Medical Shop/ Labs or Hospital demanding more money than the Govt. Approved New Rates | Govt Complaint Mask Rates (New)
The Union Minister said, “The retail price of a 200 ml bottle of hand sanitizer will not exceed Rs 100. Other sizes of bottles will also be priced in the same proportion. These prices will be applicable throughout the country until June 30, 2020.”
Mask/ Sanitizer Complaint COVID-19
All manufactures and retailers need to take note of the following to help ensure the maintenance of essential supplies for management of COVID-19 logistics:
- Production, quality, distribution and logistics of masks (2ply and 3ply surgical masks, N95 masks) and hand sanitizers brought under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- Ramp up production capacity of masks and sanitizers to ensure their fair distribution and retail.
- Quality of sanitizers shall be as specified by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and the quality of masks to be as per BIS standards.
- Maximum retail price (MRP) of masks and hand sanitizers should be broadly at same levels as prices prevailing before the COVID Pandemic.
- Wrongful claims about products and services using Corona Virus, COVID-19 and other variant of these names would be liable for misleading advertisement, and prosecuted under the Consumer Protection Act.
- Retailers may restrict the number of items sold to each customer to address problem of panic buying. This restriction also applies to other essential supplies such as staples, daily necessities and personal hygiene products.
MINISTRY OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, FOOD AND PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION (Department of Consumer Affairs)
New Delhi, the 21st March 2020
S.O. 1197(E) .—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section 2A and section 3, of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government, hereby makes the following Order, to regulate the prices of masks (2ply & 3ply), the Melt Blown non-Woven Fabric used as raw material in production of masks, masks (2ply & 3ply) and hand sanitizers for preventing infections due to COVID-19 virus namely:—
- (1) This order may be called the fixation of prices of masks (2ply & 3ply), Melt Blown non-Woven Fabric and hand sanitizers Order, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- (1) The retail prices of Melt Blown non-Woven Fabric used in manufacturing masks (2ply & 3ply), shall not be more than the prices prevailing on the day one month prior to 13.03.2020 i.e. the prices prevailing on 12.02.2020.
- The retail prices of masks (3ply surgical mask), shall not be more than the prices prevailing on the day one month prior to 13.03.2020 i.e. as on 12.02.2020 or not more than Rs.10 per piece whichever is lower and that of mask (2ply) shall not be more than Rs.8 per piece.
- The retail prices of hand sanitizer shall not be more than Rs.100/- per bottle of 200ml the prices of other quantities of hand sanitizers shall be fixed in the proportion of these prices.
- This notification shall remain in force for a period up to 30 th June, 2020 from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
Complaints & Helpline Number
Toll-Free Number: 1800-114000 or 14404 (Jago Grahak Jago) – Coronavirus Helpline/ Helpdesk for the Price of Mask and Sanitizers