Do you belong to minority caste ie OBC/ SC/ ST/ Economically/ EWS/ Kashmiri Migrant (KM) or Physical Handicapped or Armed Forces Ward (Army/ Navy/ Air Force)? Check the Seat Reservation in Delhi University for Admission 202 Academic Year. DU Admission in B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, Diploma, Certificate course 2020 is based on the Merit List prepare as per Reservation List.
The students Passed in 12th from State Board Examination (Inter) U.P/ M.P/ Rajasthan/ Punjab/ Haryana/ Gujarat/ Bihar/ Odisha/ Himachal Pradesh/ Uttarakhand 12th Pass/ HSC/ Intermediate Board have filling online DU Admission 2020 Forms.
The SarkariMama.com is providing complete information regarding DU Admission Reservation Rules and Criteria for session 2020-21 for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Armed Forces Son/ Daughter etc.
DU Admission 2020: Reservation Categories
Below are the reservation categories based on which the University of Delhi is going to prepare MERIT LIST (CUT-OFF MARKS) for admission in UG and PG Course. The students have to choose correct Category at the time of filling online admission form.
- General (G)
- OBC (OBC)
- SC (SC)
- ST (ST)
- PwD (PwD)
- Weaker Section (EWS)
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM)
DU Admission 2020 – Reservations and Relaxations
The merit list for the unreserved category (UR) seats will comprise all the applicants in order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, the merit list will also include SC / ST / OBC / EWS applicants, irrespective of category, if they meet the criterion of merit for UR category.
No applicant can be excluded from the UR category merit list just because the applicant belongs to or has applied under SC/ST/OBC/EWS category. Such an applicant is entitled to be considered under the UR category, as well as under the reserved category. Admission to UR category seats will be strictly in order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC/EWS applicants.
SC/ ST Students Reservation of Seats
- 22.5 % of the total numbers of seats is reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribes (15% for Scheduled Caste and 7A% for Scheduled Tribes, interchangeable, if necessary).
- It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved for Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any SC/ST candidate on the basis of medium of instruction. Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from the University Grants Commission.
- Relaxation to the extent of 5% in the minimum marks will be given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes to determine their eligibility and merit for admission to the course concerned.
- In case, after giving 5% relaxation, the reserved seats still remain vacant, further relaxation would be given to the extent required in order to fill up all the reserved seats.(AC Resolution A88, 14.6.1983) (EC Resolution 157, 24121.2001).Eligibility in these cases is pass percentage.
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/ 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/ presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub- Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/ or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/ Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands). Candidates must note that a Certificate from any other person/ authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/ tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule. The Caste Certificate should clearly state: (a) Name of his/ her caste/ tribe (b) whether he/she belongs to SC or ST (c) District and the State or Union Territory of his/ her usual place of residence and (d) the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/ her caste/ tribe is approved by it as SC or ST.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
Note: SC/ST students who get admission under open merit will not be included in the reserved quota 22.5%. Candidates seeking admission under SC/ST/OBC category should have certificates in their own name only.
OBC Reservation in DU- No of Seats
- 27% seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC.
- At the time of giving admission to an OBC candidate, the College will ensure that the caste is included in the Central List of OBC. The certificate must mention non-creamy layer status of the candidate.
- The OBC candidates shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the minimum eligibility marks of the said course and in the admission entrance test 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for General Category candidates.
- It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved for OBC candidates.
- The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any OBC candidate on the basis of medium of instruction. Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from University Grants Commission.
- If the seats meant for OBC remain vacant after arriving the minimum eligibility, the same may be converted and filled up by other eligible candidates subject to approval from the University.
Note: The merit list for the general category seats will comprise of all the candidates in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC / ST / OBC candidates, if they come in general merit. The candidate cannot be excluded from the general category merit list just because he belongs to SC/ST/OBC. Such a candidate is entitled to be considered under the general category, as well as under the reserved category. Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC candidates.
PWD/ PH Reservation of Seats
Three percent, (3%) seats in all undergraduate and postgraduate institutions (including professional and technical institutions) will be reserved for candidates having minimum 40% disabilities. Concessional/Waiver of fees in respect of Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Consequent upon amendment to Ordinance X(4) of the University, the following provision has been added after Sub-clause 2 of Ordinance X( 4) of the said Ordinance:
“Provided that the Persons with Physical Disabilities shall be waived off all the fees payable including the Examination fee and other University fees, except Admission fee, subscription towards Delhi University Students’ Union and Identity Card fee for pursuing under-graduate, post-graduate or other courses in the University or its Colleges.”
2.In pursuance of the above, the students with physical disabilities pursuing various courses of study in the Faculties, Departments, Centers, and Institutions / Colleges of the University shall be exempted from payment of fees, including examination fee and other University fees, except Admission fee, subscription towards Delhi University students’ Union and Identity Card fee.
The Persons with Physical Disabilities students shall pay 50% of the Mess fee and the remaining 50% of the Mess Fee respect of the PwD students is being met by the University. Similar norms are to be adopted by the Colleges in respect of PwD Students residing in various hostels of the Colleges.
It is clarified further that the PwD students who are getting fellowships / financial assistance shall be exempted from payment of fees/ charges / mess fees subject to the following conditions:
|Value of Fellowship||Exemption of Fees Waiver etc.|
|Up to Rs. 3000/- per month||Fees waiver + 50% Mess Subsidy|
|Rs. 3001 to 8000 per month||Fees waiver but no Mess Subsidy|
|Rs. 8001 and above per month||No fees waiver and no Hostel Subsidy|
All Eligible SC/ST, OBC, PwD students who are admitted to any college/Deptt.should submit their scholarship form by February for processing.
Army/ Navy/ Airforce of Any Armed Forces.
- All candidates seeking admission to various undergraduate courses of University of Delhi will have to register online as per the schedule notified by the University.
- 5% of seats are reserved for candidates under CW categories course wise in all colleges.
- All the CW candidates have to upload the Educational Concession certificate in the enclosed format to be issued by any of the following authorities on the proper letterhead.
- Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi.
- Secretary, Rajya Zila Sainik Board.
- Officer-in-Charge, Record Office.
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (For Police Personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards)
Admission may be offered to the Children/Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel, in the following order of preference:
Priority I: Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
Priority II: Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in action and boarded out from service with disability attributable to military service.
Priority III Widows/Wards of Defence Personnel who died while in peace time with death attributable to military service;
Priority IV Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in service and boarded out with disability attributable to military service;
Priority V Wards of Serving/Ex-servicemen including personnel of police forces who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
i. ParamVir Chakra
ii. Ashok Chakra
iii. MahaVir Chakra
iv. Kirti Chakra
v. Vir Chakra
vi. Shaurya Chakra
vii. President’s Police Medal for Gallantry
viii. Sena Medal (Gallantry), Nau Sena Medal (Gallantry), Vayu Sena Medal (Gallantry)
Reservation of Kashmiri Migrants (KM) (Supernumerary Seats)
1. All the wards (sons/daughters) of Kashmiri Migrants who wish to be considered for admission to various undergraduate courses of the University have to register online as per
the schedule notified by the University.
2. Up to 5% seats are reserved course-wise in all colleges for the wards of Kashmiri Migrants.
3. All the wards of Kashmiri Migrants will have to upload a certificate of registration as Kashmiri Migrants issued by Divisional Commissioner/ Relief Commissioner.
|DU Merit List||Check Here|
|DU Reservation of List||Reservation of Seats|