- Rs 2000/- is credited to 1 crore 1 lakh farmers today - 24 February 2019.
- PM KISAN Nidhi Yojana will help farmers/ family with Rs 6000/- in 3 equal installments.
- Online Form - PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana online registration is started. The farmer can add/ update bank account, Aadhaar Card, Check Bank Balance, Update Land Record
Pradhan Mantri KISAN SAmman Nidhi (PM KISAN) is New Central Sector Scheme is implemented by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi to augment the income of Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) families across the country. The family comprising of husband, wife and minor children (upto 18 years of age) who collectively own cultivable land upto 2 hectares as per land records of the concerned State/UTs.
PM KISAN Budget Allocation
To facilitate PM Kisan Scheme, the Central Government of India has allocated budget. In India, there are total of 8,59,63,438 farmers and the total number of beneficiaries are 2,21,19,685.
For the year financial year 2018-19: Rs 20,000 crores allocated.
For the FY 2019-2020: Rs 75,000 crores allocated.
If the number of farmers is increased, who also fulfilling the eligibility then the budget will increase.
PM KISAN YOJANA – Imp Points
- Financial benefit admissible for transfer to eligible beneficiaries during FY 2018-19 for the period from 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019
- All SMFs having cultivable land holding upto 2 hectare will be benefitted
- The financial benefit of Rs. 6000 per year to all beneficiaries in 3 equal installments in every 4 months of a FY.
- The first installment of Rs. 2000 to be paid immediately after identification of beneficiaries.
- Number of eligible SMFs families estimated on basis of projections of Agricultural Census 2015-16 data for 2018-19
- The cut-off date for the determination of eligibility- 01.02.2019. The benefit to be allowed on the transfer of ownership of cultivable land on account of succession due to the death of the landowner. In case of transfer of ownership between 01.12.2018 and 31.03.2019.
- Only for transfer of 1st installment, in the absence of Aadhaar number- Aadhaar enrollment number to be captured along with other alternate prescribed documents to be collected for identity verification of beneficiary.
PM KISAN Yojana Authority/ PMU
- Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) headed by CEO at Central level for monitoring of implementation publicity etc.
- States/UTs to designate a Nodal Department for implementation of scheme and can also setup their own PMUs
- Budget provision of Rs. 312.50 crore for Central PMU during FY 2018-19 & 2019-20.
- Funds minimum @ 0.25% of the allocation of funds to Central PMU in FY 2018-19 and @ 0.125% of budgetary allocation in FY 2019-20 to be transferred to State/ UTs PMUs for expenses.
PM KISAN Yojana: Implementation Strategy
- District-wise beneficiary lists to be finalised, certified and uploaded by the States/UT Governments.
- Electronic transfer of funds to the beneficiaries by GOI through State Notional Account on a pattern similar to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS).
- Direct payment to eligible beneficiaries into Aadhaar ceded bank accounts.
- The committee under the Chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary with Secretaries of DEA, DAC&FW, Land Resources and MeITY as members to review and monitor implementation of the scheme.
PM KISAN Yojana – Not Eligible
All Institutional Landholders and farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to the following categories shall not be eligible for benefits under the scheme:
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- All officers and employees of Central/ State Government Offices/Departments, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff/Class IV/Group D employees)
Exclusion of certain categories of beneficiaries:
- Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is 10,000/- or more (Excluding MTS/Group-IV/Group D Employees as above)
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects etc. registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
- For exclusion purpose beneficiaries to submit self-declaration for non-exclusion. In case beneficiary not available in the village, declaration from other adult members of the beneficiary family may be obtained.
PM KISAN Yojana: Information Required
To implement the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, following details are required from farmers.
Mandatory Details Required:
Location Details: State, District, Sub-District/Block, Village
Identity Details: Farmer Name, Gender, Category, Aadhaar no/Proof of Identity
Account Details: IFSC Code, Bank /Branch, Account Number
Optional Details Required:
- Father Name
- Mobile No,
- Farm-Size in Hectare
- Survey Number, Khasra Number
PM KISAN Yojana: Verification
The land records of farmers should be verified before uploading the list of FARMERS. The Verification Process through PM KISAN Portal:
- Identification of State admin and District admin for the creation of login credentials or approval of block login credentials
- Search facility to get details on Farmers by Name, Aadhar number or mobile number
- Facility to add new Farmers details.
- The verified list to be e-signed by the District level or block level officials
- The exclusion categories specified in scheme guidelines to be taken care before e-signing the verified farmers list
- The States Nodal Officer to submit a district wise e-Signed list of SMF
- Program Division will generate necessary sanction on PFMS for fund transfer for the successful entries.
- The rejected entries to be sent back to the respective State for correction and resubmission.
- The Payment would be processed by Pay and Accounts officer on PFMS
- Amount to be credited to beneficiary account through sponsoring bank of the state/UT.
- Digital signatures are required for all stakeholders on-boarding at PFMS portal and for those who will be involved in sharing the beneficiary payment file from PM KISAN Portal to PFMS portal.
PM KISAN Yojana – How to Apply (FORM)
Following methodology is implemented to register a farmer bank account, land details, aadhar card, address. If you have purchased new land, kindly register it with the revenue department and village panchayat to get the benefit.
There are 3 ways through which a state can onboard in the PM KISAN Portal:-
Direct Uploading of Existing List:
If a state has a village/district wise list of SMF, they may upload the same in a pre-defined format and with the help of NIC State Unit.
Edit/Update Existing List:
Some existing data of farmers is already available at the PM KISAN Portal which will be visible on selection of
States/Districts/Village. States which do not have their own list may use this village wise list of farmers as provided on the portal and edit the same to finalize the SMF list.
If states want to make fresh entry of a farmer, provision is there for registration of these farmers in a defined and
- Direct Uploading of Beneficiary Details
- Edit existing Beneficiary Details
- New Beneficiary Registration
- Verify & Approve SMF List
- Verify District wise lists
- eSign and submit for release of funds
- Monitoring status of SMF data submission and release of funds by bank
Programme Division (DAC&FW)
- Prepare Master Sanction and release of funds
- Monitoring the scheme
- Total Number of Beneficiaries State wise
- Number of Aadhaar seeded and validated records
- Status of fund transfer
- Know your Beneficiary ID / Farmer Id
- Know your Benefits availed
- Farmer search and Farmer Details
- Status of Physical and Financial Expenditure
- Status of State/District wise fund allocation and disbursements
PM KISAN Yojana – State Wise Farmers List
|S.No||State||Total number of Farmer in the State||Total No. of Beneficiary||Aadhar No||Total No. of Mobile No||Total No. of Beneficiary with bank Account|
|1||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||8523||307||287||306||252|
|8||DADRA ANDNAGAR HAVELI||11856||0||0||0||0|
|9||DAMAN AND DIU||174||0||0||0||0|
|15||JAMMU AND KASHMIR||1452163||2659||821||836||1206|
|Grand Total :||85963438||22119685||9308766||11946566||20641743|
Different Scenarios for computation of benefit to eligible beneficiaries
|Scenario||Benefit per annum|
|In case of landholding of 10 hectare owned by a single farmer family.||No benefit|
|In case of landholding of 10 hectare owned by 5 families each owning 2 hectare.||Rs. 6000 to each family|
|In case of landholding of 16 hectare owned by 12 families with 4 families owning 1 hectare each and other 8 families owning 1.5 hectare each.||Rs. 6000 to each family|
|In case of landholding of 1.8 hectare in different parcels owned by family members are spread across different revenue records in the same or different villages.||Rs. 6000 to each family|
|In case of land holding of 10 hectare owned by 4 families 1 family owns 5.5 hectare and other 3 families own 1.5 hectare each.||
Family owing 5.5 hectare- No benefit
Other 3 families owing 1.5 hectare each – Rs.6000 each.
|If transfer of ownership of lands take place on account of sale/succession, etc. on 5th of January, 2019.||Proportionate benefit of first installment (for two months and 25 days only) shall be eligible to the new land owne30|